List of essential things for kids on a Plane, Dad’s version !
- Car seat – If your husband is a gym rat – carrying a car seat around airport will be a perfect workout opportunity.
- Stroller – highly recommend YoYo since it is specifically designed for travel and can be rolled in between the seats in any standard commercial airline planes; this is actually very useful item since it can double up as a sleeping pod for the long flights, or unexpected delays.
- 2-3 sets of change clothes (dependent on flight duration) – your kids will inadvertently poop on themselves, spill things on themselves, maybe even barf if they get a flu.
- 1 diaper per hour of light (Ex: 4 hours flight = 4 diapers) – this is no laughing matter.
- Food pouches ( get a few extra to factor in unexpected delays) – just fill every empty crevace of your diaper bag and personal luggage with food pouches
- Changing set ( changing sheet, WET WIPES, diaper cream, a roll of disposable dirty diaper bags, small toys to distract the infant during changing process) – get this set ready with one diaper included . Thus you can take just this small set instead of brining an entire diaper bag into specifically designed tiny airplane bathrooms which hold only one changing set at a time and maybe you’ll be able to bring your baby in as well.
- Water/milk – you are allowed to bring your own water and milk up until your child reaches age of 2 (after that age children attempting to carry liquid fluids onto a plane are considered terrorists and will be executed)
- One bottle – you might need a clean empty bottle for milk or pedialyte or whatever libation your offspring requires.
- 2-3 toys that your child has never seen. We all know that kids are fascinated with new things. Keep rotating the toys around and 3 toys can last you an entire plane ride. if you don’t have toys you can give them colorful or shiny object – children don’t know that the difference between toys and unusual objects so you can easily trick them.
- If you could bring just one item from the entire list it would be ….drum roll – YouTube Premium. You can download cartoons and play them without internet connection!!! Yes, and the first month is free, so you can continue creating fake accounts every month and keep getting that free month of YouTube Red.
Bonus items for enjoyable flight.
Anytime your kids are crying or simply tired of the flight the cartoons will easily divert their attention and keep your sanity intact.
Don’t forget a power bank for your iPad / phone so you can let your kids watch cartoons on YouTube premium.
Bonus: You will need Camellia if your baby is teething. A Nose Freda with a Boogie Mist saline solution are an absolute must have while traveling with the little ones . WET WIPES!
You are welcome! Thank us in the comments bellow!
Check out our Ultimate guide to Car Travel with infant while browsing California Perspective site. We also got some tips on Healthy Breakfast for newborns, infants and toddlers from my wife. We also have another infant travel checklist with 13 some of the most useful things to tote with you. We also answer the ultimate question: whether you should travel or not with little kids at all?
NOTE: We are not big proponent of Amazon Fire Free Time – that thing crashes a lot, apps have lots of bus and overall you spend more time troubleshooting than enjoying the device