Was the dinosaur show at OC convention center worth it?
The dinosaur show earns a solid C+
This weekend we go to enjoy the Jurassic Quest with our little one. It was almost as fun as we anticipated it to be. However here are a few key pointers that we’d like you to consider before opening your wallet. We spent $80 for a family of 3 + parking = $90.
Overall we’d say it was fun for kids ages 2-6. The Jurassic Quest show is a perfect if you’d like to take some awesome selfies with dinosaurs. Spend some quality time with your family.
The weak side of the Dino show
- 1. In our humble opinion the show was simply too expensive for what it is. $36/ child and $22 / adult – just to look at giant fabricated dinosaurs… $80 for a family of 3 + parking = $90
- 2. There were no good food vendors. The chemical Italian ice and burned questionable meat were your options.
- 3. The walking with the dinosaurs excursion was weird asl; the tour guide was simply mumblings then occasionally reading the info off of the stands
- 4. Face painting, family portraits, and everything else cost extra – a lot extra
- 5. Finally the theatrics were non-existent. Whomever organized this Jurassic Quest didn’t put any though into the performance aspect. We went to pet the baby dinosaurs, and instead of exciting experience our son simply got bored and walked off.
The fun part of the Dino show was:
- 1. Riding huge dinosaurs. Our son was pretty ecstatic to mount one of the prehistoric Jurassic lizards.
- 2. Bouncy houses. We spent almost half an hour just jumping around – getting rid of all the energy – great for children and parents )
- 3. Driving the electric Jeep. The excruciatingly long line (we waited about 50 minutes) was well worth the 10 min experience.
Conclusion on Jurassic Quest in Costa Mesa
If your child really likes dinosaurs and you don’t mind spending a bit of cash this experience is definitely for you. If you visit LA’s museum of natural history, you might have almost the same experience. The Jurassic Quest in Orange county will be find to tinny toddlers, although bigger kids most likely will be bored in an hour or so.