Don Knabe regional park
OMG! absolutely no exaggeration there this is one of the best urban parks for the kids in the Orange County! Well the 2 kids playgrounds in the Don Knabe Community Regional Park are actually outdated, however the entire park is much more than a couple of swing sets and a slide.
List of things to do at the Orange county Don Knabe regional park
1. The one thing that immediately will catch your attention are the mini planes buzzing over the man-made blue-watered central pond. This sight alone is enough to capture our son’s attention.
2. Besides the RC planes whizzing through the air there are boats! Yes RC speed boats, tug boats, warships and many more models that your kid probably won’t be able to keep their hands away from.
3. There are hoard of geese and other birds that are fun to observe. This is better than Zoo. Of course you can’t pet the wild geese but seeing these majestic creatures up close just a few inches away already brings the fun level for out kid to FUNtastic ! He’s a little naturalist, we can tell already.
4. There are a couple of little playgrounds to enjoy. However there’s also a community pool that I’m sure you can purchase access to and a couple of base ball fields.
5. Dragon statues. Well, that’s what our kid called them. We’re not sure what exactly the artistic notion represent, however it has something to do with the recycled water of Cerritos.
The concept circles back to the notion of having incredible blue water in the central fountain.
There’s a very cool modern gym installation right near the main entrance parking lot. They have lots of somewhat unusual workout machines. The engineers did an incredible job by designing machines which use your own weight for resistance. Bear definitely liked spending time here!
Overall there’s plenty of green grass, lots of space, cool features and just a pleasant atmosphere at the Don Knabe regional park.